|Robert M. Viscardi, Superintendent of Highways
Ursula M. Liotta, Administrative Assistant
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Office & delivery address:||Send mail to:|
|3623 Lake Road||3710 Lake Road, PO Box 858|
|Brockport, NY 14420||Clarkson, NY 14430|
|Hours of Operation:||Mon-Fri 6:30 AM – 4:00 PM|
|Winter Hours:||Nov-Mar 24/7|
2017 Fall Schedule - Brush Pickup and Junk Days
HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 24 - Brush pickup is now set to start on Monday, October 30th. The 2 week delay gave the highway department time to finish construction projects, and gave the residents extra time to put brush at the roadside. Please note, we will be making one sweep through Town to pick up the brush, and leaves in paper bags will be picked up separately on 10-30, 11-6, and 11-13. Thanks for your patience.
Highway Renovation Projects - 2017 Update
- Available year-round at the Transfer Station, 3078 Redman Road, on Wednesdays 2 pm – 7 pm and Saturdays 8 am to 4 pm. A Transfer Station pass is not required.
- Available from April 15th – November 15th at the Highway Department, 3623 Lake Road, in the front parking lot areas designated “brush” and “leaves”.
- Road construction, repairs, and maintenance
- Mow town and county roadsides
- Maintain all park lands, the Transfer Station, West Clarkson Cemetery
- Drainage issues; maintain detention ponds
- Maintain sanitary storm & sewer line systems
- Culvert pipe replacement and ditching
- Dead animal pick up
- Generate revenue for the Town through maintenance and construction contracts with NYS and Monroe County
- Winter Operations
- Mailbox Replacement Policy
- Brush Trailer for Resident Use
- Stormwater Information
- Monroe County Curbside Recycling Information
- Driveway Tile and Enclosed Drainage Quote
- Street Lights
- Traffic Signals
Mission Statement: The roads in Clarkson are the vital lifelines of the community, and the Department is dedicated to improving and maintaining an efficient road system to ensure the safety of the general public. The Department strives to have open lines of communication with all town residents, in order to operate more effectively and efficiently.