Sharon S. Mattison

Town Clerk & Tax Collector

Kathy Kemp

Deputy Town Clerk

The Town Clerk’s Office is the hub of the Town of Clarkson and is responsible for many services of the town, posting official notices, and is the recording secretary for the Town Board. The Town Clerk also serves as the Town Commissioner of Elections, the Marriage Officer, and Notary Public.


Monday 7:30am – 4pm, Tuesday 7:30am – 6pm, Wednesday 7:30am – 4pm,
Thursday 7:30am – 4pm, Friday 7:30am – 1pm

Passport Applications not accepted the last hour of business; appointments after hours upon request.


Accessible Parking Permit (NYS)

You are eligible for a special parking permit or license plates if you are a New York State resident who has one or more severe disabilities that impair your mobility.

Department of Motor Vehicles Mobile Unit

DMV Services comes to Clarkson every Thursday from 10am to 3:30pm. They’re located at the Stanley Pogroszewski Courthouse located at 3655 Lake Road, Clarkson, NY 14430.

Dog Licensing

A dog license costs $10 per year for spayed or neutered dogs or $20 per year for non-spayed or neutered dogs. Dog licenses may be purchased or renewed for one to five years. All dog license fees are non-refundable.

Freedom of Information (FOIL) Requests

If the information you want is not publicly available, you can submit a request to the Town Clerks Office. The request must be in writing and reasonably describe the records you seek.

Marriage Information

A couple intending to marry in New York State must apply in person for a marriage license and the application must be signed by both the applicants in the presence of the Town Clerk. A representative cannot apply for the license on behalf of the couple, even if the representative has been given the Power of Attorney. Notarized marriage license affidavits signed by the couple cannot be substituted for their personal appearance. There is a 24-hour waiting period once the license is issued and it is valid for 60 days beginning the day after issuance.

More Marriage Info


Passport forms are available in our office and online at Bring original birth certificate which must include both parents’ names and date it was filed, your photo identification, and a passport photo. If you don’t have one we can take your photo for an additional $10. The fee for the passport is $145 for ages 16 and above, $115 if younger than age 16. Passport Cards are also available.

Park and Lodge Rentals

Residents may rent the Goodwin Lodge at Hafner Park (3655 Lake Rd) or the Lodge at Paul Kimball Park (8000 Ridge Rd). View our calendar for availability and then fill out the application and submit to the Town Clerk.

Tax Information

As Collector of Taxes for the Town of Clarkson, the Town Clerk provides the Collector’s Notice of Receipt of Tax Roll and Warrant for 2018.

Town and County Taxes Pay Online.

Transfer Station Information & Permits

Review the Transfer Station Rules & Regulations and bring your current vehicle registration to the town hall annually. Only one permit sticker will be provided per household. Place sticker on the back rear window or the back bumper. The sticker must be visible to the attendant.

Permit fee: $180 per year
Hours: Saturday 8am – 4pm and Wednesday 2pm – 7pm

All previous minutes are archived and available in the Town Clerk’s Office.